4.17.2013

Adepticon is upon us. Let's meet!

From Adepticon 2010
OK, folks. This is simply an FYI post. For the past few years, I've been taking a LOT of pictures at Adepticon. I tried to get a picture of every display board the first year, but I gave up fairly early even though there were under 300...it was just too hard to navigate through the crowds. Here are some shots.
[READ MORE]



This year, I'd like to get a picture with as many of you want to get a picture online, and hopefully with your army. There will be a ton of pictures of your armies from other, bigger-name bloggers out there, but I want to really stress the social aspect and the people behind the models.

I'm hard to miss. I will be carrying a Canon SLR and a red and black camera bag, backpack style. I'm an old Asian guy. Not "kung fu master" old...think a little older than the naked trunk guy from "The Hangover". I'd like to shoot your army, with you in the photo, and talk to you for a second about it. No army lists or painting techniques...just a quick chat. If you don't want to do that, just come and say hi. I won't engage you in awkward conversation, I promise. Just a "nice to meet you" and you can take it from there...I know you gamers are a shy creature. :)

I will also be doing my annual huge shopping spree while sales tax is not an issue. I'm interested in the new LEDs for models and of course, the massive bits vendor outside the ballroom. Forgeworld is very difficult to navigate, but I may have to find the Thrallax there. Last year, I found enough parts to make 2 techmarines and 3 apothecaries. Please comment here to tell me what you'll be buying.

Finally, if you are from out of town and need anything...a spare charger, a bit of super glue, etc, let me know, and I will try to accommodate anyone in need.

Have a great, safe time, and I will see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment